Patricia C. Campbell
Pattie is a founding partner of the Firm, and practices in the Firm’s litigation department. She is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Pattie is an accomplished trial lawyer with broad experience litigating a variety of complex commercial cases, including contract and real estate disputes, commercial fraud and defamation, partner and shareholder disputes, eminent domain actions and False Claims Act Qui Tam cases. She has successfully tried many cases to verdict, and argued numerous appeals in both Colorado and Federal Appellate Courts, including appeals of land use decisions under Rule 106. Examples of notable cases in which Pattie served as trial counsel include:
- Obtaining two separate jury verdicts for a large Colorado corporation defending a False Claims Act Qui Tam case involving claimed damages and penalties of over $1 billion. She then successfully argued the appeal to the Tenth Circuit, obtaining a groundbreaking decision and securing judgment for the client on all claims.
- Obtaining a $10 million judgment for breach of contract and breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing on behalf of a local real estate development firm.
- Representation of the landowner in an eminent domain case where the jury awarded the largest condemnation award in Colorado history.
In addition to her trial work, Pattie is trained as a mediator and is available to conduct mediations and settlement conferences in commercial litigation matters and condemnations.
After graduating from law school as a member of the Order of the Coif, Pattie was a law clerk for the Honorable Richard P. Matsch, then Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
In 2012, Pattie was named one of Law Week Colorado’s Top Women Lawyers. She has served on numerous Boards of Directors, including Easter Seals Colorado and the Mullen High School Foundation. She is a graduate of the University of Colorado’s “50 For Colorado” leadership class of 2010. In her free time, Pattie coaches the Mullen High School mock trial team, part of the Colorado Bar Association’s high school mock trial program.
- J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, 1994
Order of the Coif; Associate Editor, University of Colorado Law Review
- M.S., Biophysics and Genetics, University of Colorado, 1983
Board Certified in Genetic Counseling, American Board of Medical Genetics, 1984
- B.S., Zoology, Colorado State University, 1981
ADMISSIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- State of Colorado
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, American Bar Association, Colorado Bar Association, Colorado Women’s Bar Association and the Denver Bar Association